Old April 4th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
friendlyneighborhooddisease friendlyneighborhooddisease is offline

Default Ten Tec rx 320 on linux

m II wrote:
friendlyneighborhooddisease wrote:

Linux sources:
http://radio.linux.org.au/

And more specifically:
http://tinyurl.com/2wd259

Why all the folders on your desktop? I use ubuntu as well and only have
one desktop icon, for my external drive. I put my favorite apps on the
top bar and store my files "inside". You look like you're still running
(ecchhh...) Windows.

You know how to hurt a guy. Actually, there are two work windows, and
the other one is a lot cleaner, with the minimum of blemishes.

That being said, the 320 GUI looks great!

Yes, it's also quite functional. The mouse wheel works the tuning knob
when the pointer is placed anywhere over the front face of the radio. A
spreadsheet style data base, which isn't shown, also allows tuning by
double clicking on a frequency.

Screen shots of a few other control programs, mainly Wind*:

http://www.mindspring.com/~tom2000/rx320/ScreenShot.gif
http://www.callsignsoftware.com/images/sc320ani.gif
http://www.dxtra.com/screenshots/index.html
http://www.g7ltt.com/drm/rx320mods/2...-RX320-RNW.jpg
http://www.qsl.net/ab9b/KF5OJ/index.html

There are a few more, all with their own features.

mike

Ahh yes, the other desktop. Apologies. I've been using ubuntu since
Xmas, naked to the world, no malware. What a feeling of liberation from
the hyperparanoid world of Microsoft...