Old November 10th 03, 12:16 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

That's a pretty good theory, Yuri. I'd like to know where you got
this "Cosine law" you keep talking about.

From ancient Greeks I presume, it was way before my time.
ON4UN has it shown in his book and pictures.
Current in the radiator Ir = Imax x cos Alpha
where Imax is the maximum current (like on the bottom of quarter wave radiator)
Alpha is the angle (distance) in degrees like from 0 to 90 in quarter wave
radiator.

I can't seem to find
mention of any such _law_ anywhere but on this newsgroup.

It is one of the first things in trigonometry books, look into your high school
library.

Does
that mean I should throw away my method of moments software
because I don't need it any more?

No, keep it. It is good for number of things, like arguing against reality. If
you threw it away, what would you use as an argument?

And what is a current
drop? I've heard of voltage drops and cough drops but never
current drops.

It is right next to voltage drops. If it drops from one of the component to the
other, that is called current drop across the component, like loading coil in
the antenna, or coil in PI network, or in RF chokes, etc.

Finally, how do you measure the "current in
the radiator (in degrees)?" Why not use amperes like everyone
else?

We use amperes like everyone else. My ammeters are calibrated in A. Radiator
length can be expressed in electrical degrees, if Roy claims that it can't be
expressed in electrical length.
Like quarter wave vertical would be 90 deg., half wave dipole would be 180 deg,
Full wave quad would be 360 deg or 2 x 180 deg (same thing :-)

I won't believe your theory, Yuri, until you and Cecil take the
time to present it in terms of field theory. Since you guys have taken
EM classes in college you should have no trouble doing this, right?

You can worship what you wish, itsa free country. Or you can measure things and
then you can choose whom to believe and where to send your contribution.

73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

Yuri, K3BUm