Old April 7th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam Tam is offline

Default MFJ-259Z

"Barrett" wrote in message
Finally got the batteries charged, discharged and charged again. I have
managed to fully charge them now.

How long should they last for with the MFJ-259 left on continuously being
used?

Is it normal to only get 10 - 15 minutes worth of on time before getting
the low battery warning on the MFJ?

Also the MFJ-259 is new. What is the best ways to check it to make sure
its working properly?

Thanks

For what it'sworth, I looked at an MFJ-269 manual, and it claims to trickle
charge at 10 - 20 ma. At that rate it will take a long time to charge a 2600
maH battery. They say minimum Vbat is 11V, but mine gets flakey below 12.
You might want to measure the under load battery voltage when it fails and
when you think it is fully charged.

Tam/WB2TT