Old April 7th 08, 05:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default I need info on this Crosley TV

"Jim Menning" wrote in message

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Jim Menning" wrote in message

Looks like a 1949 Crosley 9-407. Very heavy, solid chassis, huge
transformer. TV and FM radio (continuous tuner). 28 tubes. 12JP4 CRT.
Sam's 66-6.

I can send you the Sam's scan if you'd like.

Is this a electrostatic or electromagnetic scan? Is the tube still
available in case the one in the set is gonzo?

http://tubedata.itchurch.org/sheets/127/1/12JP4.pdf

Magnetic deflection. Pretty scarce. If bad, Hawkeye can probably
rebuild it, but rebuilding sure isn't as cheap as it used to be.

http://www.hawkeyepicturetube.com/antiquetvtubes.html

I sent the Sam's scan to you, but I see that it's quite large. If it
doesn't make it into your mailbox, let me know.

Jim,

Thanks.

I got the folder(s) and they ran great, am now printing out the pages that
include this set.

I'll cross my fingers that I don't need a new jug... $250 IS a lot for a
monochrome rebuild..