Old November 10th 03, 12:22 AM
Jer

I think I'm learning something, but I'm getting a headache trying to follow
you guys!

de jerry...

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
Can I conclude from this that if I were to make a coil with more or less
inductance, then I would see a current difference between the ends of
the coil?

So tell you what. If you'll pull out your equations and calculate the
expected current difference, I'll replace the coil with one of 100 ohms
reactance and remeasure. How much current difference (magnitude andd
phase, of course) between the ends of a 100 ohm inductor at the base of
that same antenna?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Cecil Moore wrote:
Yuri Blanarovich wrote:

Judging by description, I would guess that there wasn't much

difference.

The feedpoint of the radiator alone is 35-j185. The impedance of the
toroid is 0.6+j193. Assuming perfect predictability, that gives the

antenna
system a feedpoint impedance of 35.6+j8, i.e. it is *longer* than

resonant.
That moves the current maximum point inside the toroid making the

current
in and out even closer to equal. If a coil is installed at a current
maximum
point or a current minimum point, the current in and out will be the

same.
If a coil is installed at a place where the slope of the current

envelope
is positive, the current will actually increase through the coil.