Old April 8th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Constant impedance response to infinity with point radiation

Having made small full wave antenna with a swr in Sino soidal form
ie reactance which is quite normal I decided to get back to basics
and
view it as a pendulum ala a tank circuit equivalent
lwhere lengthening the pendulum changes the peried.with consequent
damping
via incresing of "slow wave"
Doing this to the antenna structure provided an antenna that did not
exceed
a swr of 4 from 2 mhz upto a 100 Mhz.plus ( very few deviations above
3:1)
What the dampening did was to smooth out the resistive and reactive
values
to produce a response very similar to a log periodic except, of
course. it was
a small full wave electric antenna with a omni directional response.
( it can be made directional)
Tried it also on the local TV stations (60 miles away) and it worked
extremely well
such that it looked like HDTV! Again this points out the requirement
for equilibrium
of antennas in tank circuit form. With care, an antenna can now be
made
with extremely flat response for ALL frequencies since the impedance
can be made near constant.By the way the antenna took 200 watts key
down for 1 min
without any hint of failure.( the impedance reference value was 50
ohms
and a MFJ 259B was used tho any datum impedance can be chosen)
Whether my theories are correct or not with respect to academia, to
have such antennas
in practice where responses can be measured it would behove hams to
replicate them
and allow the academics to follow up later. Will now modify some
rubber duckies
for the local police force to extend the distance range as our county
is quite large.
Regards
Art Unwin KB9MZ......XG (uk)