Old April 9th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Harrison Richard Harrison is offline

Default Constant impedance response to infinity with point radiation

Art Unwin, KB9MZ wrote:
"Regards to all as I depart----."

Would Art cut and run if his claim of an antenna for HF that deployed in
the size of two shoe boxes and that performed as well as an antenna that
deployed to a significant fraction of a wavelength were so? I think not.
It has always been a fairy tale.

Truth is, a small antenna has a small radiation resistance. Ratio of the
radiation resistance to the antenna`s total resistance predicts its
efficiency. Available materials mean we must use large antennas to get
efficiency.

Don`t go away mad, Art. Your stories are entertaining and make us think.
Just don`t expect baloney to pass unchallenged.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI