Old November 10th 03, 12:32 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Yuri, the inductor I put at the base of the antenna "replaced" something
like 20 - 45 degrees,

Nope, it didn't, Roy. Your 33' vertical was already equivalent to a 50'
vertical apparently due to extraneous loading. I calculate that your
coil replaced 18 degrees of wire with a current maximum point located
inside the coil.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

In that case,
If the feedpoint current was at 0 deg of the radiator length, and coil replaces
18 deg of wire, the cos 18 deg = 0.951 which should make difference, drop in
the coil current 5% (or half, 2.5 deg?)
Providing current maximum is exactly at the bottom end of the coil.

Yuri, K3BU.us