Old April 13th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
[email protected] radioguy222@yahoo.com is offline

Default classic tv shows you can't mention on ham radio but can on cb

I've recently been watching episodes of the original "Lost In Space"
tv series.

So that's what I would naturaallys mention if I got on the radio since
it's my recent activities.

Except FCC amateur rules say nothing offensive is allowed to be said
over amateur radio.

Now, I myself don't find anything at all offensive about the original
"Lost in Space" tv show, which by
the way was a family tv show aimed at family audiences.

However, certain ham radio operators who were offended that the call
letters W5TIT were said over ham radio
because the last 3 letters are tit would also be offended by the
phrase"bubble-headed booby" being said over
ham radio
..
Or "blithering booby"

or even "the boob tube" which is what several people I personally know
always called tv sets back then.