Old April 15th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Hamstick dipole for 80m

In article ,
Cecil Moore wrote:

Fred McKenzie wrote:
I've collected the parts but haven't assembled it yet. It will be
interesting to see how the monstrosity works!

Hope you enjoy 75m QRP.

Cecil-

I can appreciate that a mobile whip used on an auto, does not have the
efficiency of a full quarter wave vertical over an array of counterpoise
wires. But it does work.

I want to use a pair of mobile whips as a horizontal dipole. (Or more
in the case of the Octopus.) Are you suggesting that such a dipole on
75 or 40 Meters, will not perform as well as just one of the whips
mounted on an automobile?

Fred
K4DII