Old April 14th 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default Eduardo is just angry about the latest Arbitron study of theHD Radio farce

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Splitting frog hairs, brother. Conditional access is conditional access.
It's ALL data. Audio, weather, traffic, stock quotes--In the digital
universe it's ALL data. If conditional access can be applied to ONE
commodity in a digital feed, it can be applied to ALL commodities in a
digital feed.

Subscription radio. By definition.

To me, it ain't radio if it does not talk after being decoded. A pure data
stream never consisted of audio at the other end, and that is what is being
or was being tested.

Frog hairs, again, Brother. We're not talking 'to you'. We're
talking what is, the realities of this technology, and the intentions of
the gatekeepers who dole it out.

And, Sweetheart...ALL digital audio is a pure data stream.