Old April 15th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Hacienda de Ville Hacienda de Ville is offline

Default Newbie ?:Are Kaito radios any good?

Friends,
I am in a hurry to get to school, but I wanted to post this: today,
I tried my Kaito KA11 outside while in different places throughout the
city and nothing. No AM reception and no SW reception at all, just
static. Unfortunately, I bought this from Ebay and here is what the
guy posted in his ad:

This radio is BRAND NEW and UNUSED. I haven't even had it a week. I
ended up getting a different travel radio.

A very thorough review of the radio can be found he
http://www.radiointel.com/review-kaitoka11.htm

Shipping only $3.49 within the USA!
I think I am going to write him again. He told me that he had no
problem with it and was able to pick up AM stations, yet in his ad he
states it never has been used.

I also think I am going to contact Ebay about it. I paid $39.95 and
the $3.49 shipping. I am not sure contacting Kaito will do any good as
I have the registration card here and was excited and wanted to try it
out. I am upset as I cannot afford a lot and I think this guy knew of
the problems and that is why he sold it.

Btw, I did as you guys suggested and went out and bought 2008 edition
of The Passport to World Band Radio, today. I got a coupon from Barnes
and Noble for 25% off any one item, plus my buddy is a member so I got
another 10% off and got the book for just a little over $16! Now if
only I had a radio to use with it...

Thanks friends,
Haci