Old April 15th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Anthony Ferrante Anthony Ferrante is offline

Default Newbie ?:Are Kaito radios any good?

Hi,
It is me again. I forgot to include this in my last post. I did
e-mail the seller and will include my initial e-mail and then his
response. You decide if he seems honest or not:

(My e-mail)

Hello,
I won the auction from you for this radio. However, I am having
problems getting any stations on AM. Can you explain why that
might be? I do like the radio, but I will tell you, I have never
had one this hard to program and operate. I know that is not your
fault, but I wish it were easier. I must be doing something wrong.
Any ideas, please? Thanks.
(His response)

Hello,

I played around with that radio for about an hour one afternoon just
to see what it could do. I got AM stations no problem but I am right
in Chicago so the signals are strong. I didn't try to pull in any
distant stations. Shortwave seemed to work well - also FM was good.
Other than that I can't add anything more about that particular radio.
There are some radio forums online where someone might be able to help
out more with that model.

I have a Kaito KA1103 too which I like a lot but is too big (for me)
for traveling. Their radios are quality but I agree there are some
unusual features and controls. Especially the KA1103. The manuals
are funny too - very bad translations into English! I hope you have
luck with it and get it working the way you want it. It seems like a
cool little radio.

John W.

Any advice?
thanks,