Old April 15th 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Minimum gauge for groud...

In article ,
"Michael" wrote:

Hiya...

Been a while since I posted here. For the sake of noise suppression as
affective lightning protection is almost hopeless without gas tubes, what
would be the minimum gauge wire that you could use for a ground from the
radio to a ground spike and from a matching transformer to a ground spike
??? Yes, I know there is loads of info on the net, but I would like some
active opinions as some recent discussions I have had on this has been
conflicting.

Also... I've gotten conflicting opinions on this one too. If you have a
long wire or beverage set up on a matching transformer like the ICE 180,
there is a ground receptacle on the matching transformer. Would you:

SNIP

I would ignore the bad opinions and go with the good opinions.

However, if you do decide to go with a bad opinion I would ask Billy
boy. He could probably come up with the worst reasoning or just wait a
few more minutes as RHF is putting together about 3 pages of bunk for
you to slog through. I'm looking at my watch to see how long it will
take him. Shouldn't be much longer.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California