Old April 16th 08, 09:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Eduardo is just angry about the latest Arbitron study of theHDRadio farce

D Peter Maus wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
news
Frank Dresser wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in
message

[snip]
Is that would be the vaporware chip-set and the BS software?

Oh, set us straight on the details with some links please.

It would seem, in the HD radio biz, that no plan happens until it
happens.

From about a year ago:

"RadioGuard-capable radio receivers are planned to be introduced to
the market by the holidays."

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/ibiquity-to-int.html

Frank Dresser

Not also, in direct conflict to David's denial, that the conditional
access specifically includes subscription access to audio content.

I've never heard of pay per program or pay per channel propositions;

That's false on it's face. We discussed them here. I fact, Frank was
the one who came up with the information that testing was underway, and
you acknowledged that he was correct.

And here, iBiquity's own sources are admitting that program test is
underway.

Now, you claim to have all this inside information about HD. And here
iBiquity is openly discussig conditional access and subscription
programming for HD.

Yet, you've not heard of it? How is it you have all the details on
upcoming technology from vendors, but have no idea about iBiquity's own
testing projects?

C'mon, David...either you're an informed broadcaster or your not.
Either way, you're not telling the truth about something

That's our 'Eduardo'!