Old April 16th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry[_3_] Jerry[_3_] is offline

Default Linear decoupling traps

"JN" wrote in message
I thought Richard's statement that modeling would tell you about how the
design might perform, was good advice. If you use EZNEC, I'd be willing
to help you if you dont already know how to use it to model your antenna.

Jerry KD6JDJ

Jerry, thanks for the offert.
I dont know how good these modelling programs are in this situation.
But if it is easy, so could somebody do the following:

Take 20m of wire, that is half of a dipole.
Put a 1/4 electric wavelength shorted stub for 10,1MHz so that the open
end is 7,25m from center and the shorted end pointing to the tip of
antenna. One side of stub is the 20m wire itself, like in the upper
picture. Ignore all velocity factors to make it sinple.
Now tell me what are the resonance frequencies of that kind of element and
if possible feed point impedande (80m and 30m)

I know I could do it myself but as you know learning to use a new program
reliably takes lot of time.

73 Jouko OH5RM

Hi Jouko

I am not sure I am reading your text properly. But, I did model a 40
meter wire with a trap on each side. You are welcome to E-mail me if you
want to see what EZNEC says about *my* model. Maybe you can help me model
your concept.
I have a friend in vasa Finland who can get you any information about
contacting me. Google Patrik Tast.

Jerry KD6JDJ