Old April 16th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Linear decoupling traps

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:50:18 +0300, "JN" wrote:

Repeated message seeing that you both missed it:

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Hi Richard,

No everything red carefully.
I fully understand what you are suggesting.
Cutting the element and insertin stub at right angles
Sure works OK but that is no answer to my original question, HI

Your original question:
My question:
Is there any difference if the shorted end is pointing to the center or to
the tip of dipole.

My specific response:
Keep the line conductors at least 3, preferably more, wire diameters
from the radiator or themselves.

Certainly more was said, but you have shied from terse responses in
the past.

You have a tuned line, that is illustrated several times by you. You
have a radiator, that is illustrated several times by you. You have
asked about the line in proximity to the radiator several times, that
is illustrated several times by you (you really need to use fixed font
to do this, it is the protocol of allowing everyone to see what you
mean). I have responded about the proximity of the line to the
radiator several times with a very simple rule.

The line going radially away from the radiator (at right angle)
absolutely satisfies that rule. Keeping the line away from the
radiator (at a 0 degree angle, either up or down towards a tip) can
also satisfy that rule - but only if you observe the rule. If you do
not observe the rule you will have problems. You may have problems
even if you do - but your question lacks your requirements.

So, ostensibly, yes there is a difference - this is just the nature of
life. The real question is would it matter to you? Some folks worry
over half a dB, others can live with -10dB. This has all been
discussed to some length by others, in related topics about hairpin
matches. A general reading of the postings helps put specific
problems into context and relationship. This means browse the topics
that are active - not just your own.

Now, do you have an original question that has gone without an answer?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC