Old April 16th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Cobwebb Homebrew

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:51:25 +0100, "Barrett"
wrote:

I have turned it by hand, there is some difference in signal but not much.
The Ariel is 20ft off the ground,, the same as the G5RV.
It doesn't seem to be working right. But I'm not sure how the original
worked.

Hi Barrett,

That is line of sight, easily. As you suspect, you should hear your
friends. Your turning it is OK. Your SWR readings would suggest your
line is OK, your antenna is OK. Aside from using a manual tuner (you
say nothing to my question there), that leaves the receiver as being
suspect.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC