Old April 17th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default 1/4 Wave on 28.500MHz

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:17:23 +0100, "Barrett"
wrote:

Just went out to get things ready to try the Ariel's out tomorrow and it
occurred to me that the 20ft pole is resting on the patio. To make this
work, would I need to lift the pole off the floor and would 1ft be enough?

Hi Barrett,

Not something I would worry about. Others may, and they will
certainly chime in if they do. I had a 10M vertical off-center dipole
mounted about 1 foot above ground and it seemed to work fine; but not
as well as my buddies with higher antennas. My guess is that an 80M
version may suffer more. I fed the transmission line up through the
bottom section.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC