Old April 18th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default 1/4 Wave on 28.500MHz

Barrett wrote:
Cecil, got a question for you.
I have another 20ft pole mounted on the back of my house and it is rested on
the patio floor. I plan to put up a Cushcraft MA5B on this pole and a 2/70
collinear on top. Does this mean that there will be high voltage on the pole
beneath the beam from the beam or from the collinear?

Are the beam and collinear isolated from the pole?
If so, there's probably no real problem.

If a mobile antenna is being used with the pole as
the counterpoise, then about half of the RF energy
flows in the pole. RF burns can be the result.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com