Old April 20th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dave[_15_] Dave[_15_] is offline

Default I don't understand!!!

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
Dear Mr. Burr,

Your system seems, from your description, to be absolutely first-rate.
Personally, I see no reason to "upgrade" (a misleading term, in your
case) your equipment. While there are more sophisticated (and
expensive) receivers, it is the antenna that actually brings in the
signals and you have one of the best. In my opinion, no matter what
"more expensive" receiver you were to try, you would not hear anything
more or anything better than what you are able to hear with your
current rigs.

The only thing missing from your description or your antenna system
(and pardon me if you already have this or if I misread your
description) is lightning/static protection. I would suggest that you
investigate that and add it to your antenna system.

In my opinion, nothing else in your receiving station needs to be
touched.

I envy you your system and, most especially, your antenna.

Best,

Joe

He did say he'd like to try computer control, and I'm guessing he may
mean SDR, as an RX-320 is dirt cheap.