Old April 23rd 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J. B. Wood J. B. Wood is offline

Default L.B. Cebik, W4RNL, SK

In article , "J. Mc Laughlin"
wrote:

Thanks Roy for passing on the sad and unexpected news.

Professor Cebik's life is a good example of the positive influence that a
fan can have on a technical subject. Antennas are most distant from his
professional work, and yet we all know how much he contributed to an
understanding of our favorite subject.

We are diminished. Mac N8TT

Hello, all, and it is always sad when another silent key is added. I
don't make a habit of reading articles posted on antennex.com since it was
they who were (still are?) backers of the CFA and other flawed (IMO)
concepts. (I was surprised some years back when antennex.com published
Dr. John (Jack) Belrose's mythbusting paper on the CFA using the results
of a NEC model of that antenna.)
No doubt antennex.com also has promulgated some viable antenna designs.
Now, if non-engineers/non-physicists would just refrain from trying to
explain the underlying "theory" of operation behind their revolutionary
spare-time antenna designs. Please excuse the rant and I don't mean to
imply that W4RNL contributed to any of this. My best to W4RNL's family.
Sincerely, and 73's from N4GGO,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW