Old April 23rd 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default UAA2001 PLL SYNTHESIZER

On Apr 21, 5:27*pm, markus wolfgart wrote:
Hi OMs/OPs and NG readers,

I'm looking for a pinout and/or data sheet of a old Motorola ic named

UAA2001

should be a pll synthesizer for TV tuners.

I always thought that was a Toshiba part.

80's era TV and VCR tuners are most interesting, IMHO, used as the tin-
can modules. If the TV is still functional you can usually figure out
the header connector functions with a voltmeter or even a logic probe
- no need to dink around with pinouts.

Do modern TV's still have the tin-can tuner modules, or is it more
highly integrated these days? Of course a modern TV isn't an analog TV
anymore either...geeze, it's been at least a decade since I tore into
broken TV's and VCR's for parts, I gotta start doing it again! If
we're lucky there will be a huge flood of older analog TV's for
scavenging soon.

Tim.