Old April 23rd 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default UAA2001 PLL SYNTHESIZER

On Apr 23, 9:07*am, markus wolfgart wrote:
Hi Tim,

I have no possibility to find out the pinout from a tuner as I have just
a hand full of this mysterious ic's without a documentation on them.

So at least I will have to blow some of them to find out the pin out
with a bit of luck if it is not a I2C device.

Oh, no, predates microcontrollers in TV's for the most part (not by a
lot but at least a little). It probably worked with another chip that
did LED display of channel number and handled pushbuttons for up/down.

The next generation did on-screen display of channel number, that's
where I2C started showing up in at least some tuner/TV's.

Tim.