Old April 23rd 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default This Grundig a good "beginner radio"?

On Apr 23, 11:01*am, Igor wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:42:05 -0400, Hacienda de Ville wrote:
As you know I have been looking for a good "starter" SW radio and have
no luck with my first choice, the Kaito K11. Due to school, I don't
have the time to devote to research as I would like, but I am doing
some. I have found one radio that appeals to me and would like your
opinions on it. Even though I know it is not the smallest radio, I
could take it with me in the car. I like to go to parks and places to
study and I thought this might be a good choice.

The radio that I am talking about is the Grundig S359DL

(http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card...oductDbId=6265)

I plan on checking online for reviews, but I thought someone here
might have some knowledge of this I appreciate any comments you may
have, good or bad.

I bought an earlier version of the S350, but had to return it because of
the drift (it's an analog radio with a digital readout). If it hadn't been
for that, it would've been a decent inexpensive radio. Supposedly the drift
problem has been minimized in the newer "DL" version, though I've read of
problems with the mechanism they use to lock the frequency (look through
the negative reviews on amazon.com).

In that price range, you should also check out the Kaito KA1103 and Kaito
KA2100. I haven't had any personal experience with these, but have read a
lot of good things about them.
--
Men Are Better Than Women -http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/- Hide quoted text -

HdV - Given the 'choice' of the Grundig 350 DL
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3112
and the Redsun RP2100 Radios : I would pick
the Redsun RP2100 Radio. ~ RHF
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6055
http://www.radiointel.com/review-redsunrp2100.htm
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ140138823638
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ140138733367

-aka- CC Radio SW
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/shortwa...cradio-sw.aspx

-aka- Kaito KA2100
http://www.kaitousa.com/KA2100.htm
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2100.html
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6430

KA2100 AM FM SHORTWAVE RADIO and SSB Adapter
http://www.radios4you.com/kaito-ka2100-LG-photo.html