Old April 23rd 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Driscoll Jim Driscoll is offline

Default This Grundig a good "beginner radio"?

Like many others, I would recommend the Kaito KA 2100 if you like the S350
sound. Tuning is rock stable and performance is quite surprising for the
price.

"Hacienda de Ville" wrote in message
As you know I have been looking for a good "starter" SW radio and have
no luck with my first choice, the Kaito K11. Due to school, I don't
have the time to devote to research as I would like, but I am doing
some. I have found one radio that appeals to me and would like your
opinions on it. Even though I know it is not the smallest radio, I
could take it with me in the car. I like to go to parks and places to
study and I thought this might be a good choice.

The radio that I am talking about is the Grundig S359DL

(http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card...oductDbId=6265)

I plan on checking online for reviews, but I thought someone here
might have some knowledge of this I appreciate any comments you may
have, good or bad.

Thanks!
Haci