Old April 24th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default Amidon Use of type 31 ferrite as coax common mode choke

J. Mc Laughlin wrote:
Dear Ian (also my father's name): Thank you for your note. It is a
mystery to me why those who sell via the Internet do not work hard at
keeping their sites up-to-date. 73, Mac N8TT

Amidon is sort of on-again/off-again when it comes to supporting the
retail ham market. Sometimes they are pretty good, but other times
they're just terrible. Might have something to do with changes in
ownership and management over the years, or just whether they get busy
with bread and butter commerical customers. They've also used a wide
variety of suppliers over the years.

And the whole Amidon, Amidon Associates, Applied Magnetics, BTC Power
Electronics, Flat Transformer Technology, thing...

It's been a long time since Bill Amidon ran it from his garage in North
Hollywood providing retail distribution for Fair-Rite and Micrometals
products.