Old April 24th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ve2pid ve2pid is offline

Default Balun question

Hi to all,

Until now, I used a 4:1 Van Gorden Balun with an OCF dipole and of
course a coax line to the tuner. I am now trying a 450 Window ladder
line. For now, the antenna is still connected to the balun, but I
removed the coax from it, and I use the balanced line connector of my
MFJ-949E antenna tuner (a 4:1 balun is in that tuner).

My question: Should I remove the old balun or may I keep it, i.e. does
it has any influence even if the coax is removed?

I find it convenient since the balun is a good holder for the
antenna's two branches.

73 de Pierre VE2PID