Old April 24th 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim, K7JEB[_2_] Jim, K7JEB[_2_] is offline

Default Antenna Stacking : HF / 2M / Dipole / Directional HDTV Antenna

Glenn Jensen wrote:
Am putting up a tower, 60', and was wondering if there is any issues with
the following arrangement:
On top and working down to the tower top section...
1) HF Beam Antenna, then
2) 2 Meter Beam Antenna, then
3) Dipole for 40, 80, 160 M, then
4) Directional HDTV antenna, all on the mast, all turned via rotor.
Any problems with this arrangement?

I think the usual practice is to put the VHF/UHF antennas
on top of the HF beam so that they don't have to "look through"
that larger metal structure and perhaps have their patterns
disrupted by it. Also, I see problems rotating the 40/80/160
dipole ;-)

Jim, K7JEB