Old April 24th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Cleaning Equipment exposed to tobacco smoke

Chuck Harris wrote:
One thing, from the ingredient list I posted earlier is Formula 409
contains Butyl Cellosolve. This is terrible stuff on plastics. It is
what turns clear plastic molded meter windows foggy. I would not use
Formula 409, or any other cleaner that contains Butyl Cellosolve on
plastics of any sort. The stuff soaks into the plastic and makes it
sticky and soft... sort of a plasticizer.

It's fine on most plastics. It's a disaster on others, most notably
phenolics. It will etch the hell out of bakelite and leave you an ugly
dull surface. Test before using.
--scott