Old April 24th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PING : John Plimmer - What's Your Current Opinion on the RedsunRP2100 Radio for AM/MW DXing

On Apr 23, 6:27*pm, Hacienda de Ville ferrante276-
wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:40:21 -0400, "Jim Driscoll"

wrote:
Like many others, I would recommend the Kaito KA 2100 if you like the S350
sound. *Tuning is rock stable and performance is quite surprising for the
price.

-
- The Kaito 2100 or Redsun 2100?
-
- Also, I forgot to ask this. In additon to SW and SSB listening, I
- really would like to have a radio that can pull in distant AM
stations
- if that is possible. I don't want to offend anyone, but I like radio
- talk show host, Michael Savage and our city dropped him in favor of
- Michael Levine. As I tune around AM with my cheapy pocket radio, I
can
- faintly hear Savage, so I imagine a radio that can pull in far-away
AM
- stations might make hearing him easier.
-
- With that in mind, does that change anyone's recommendation? I have
- figured I can afford up to about $150 or so for the radio. Again, I
- would like for it to be able to be carried around in the car without
- having a "dolly" to move it.
-
- Thanks, everyone, for your continued comments/suggestions.
-
- Haci
-

HdV - Ask John Plimmer about the Redsun RP2100 and
AM/MW DXing. His is an 'opinion' that you can value.
* About - John Plimmer, South Africa
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...d8b5f98b636230
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...7a74a3bce19fda

FWIW - The 'original' Radio was the Chinese 'Redsun'
made Redsun RP2100 Radio. Everything else is a
Re-Badged {Re-Named} CCRadio, Kaito etc : Which
are all made in the same Chinese Factory.
http://www.radiointel.com/review-redsunrp2100.htm

IMHO the Redsun RP2100 Radio is "Right Sized" and
has a very nice and functional Metal Carrying Handle.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1134/...99e038e8_o.jpg

Point-of-Fact - Many/Most AM/MW Dxers do very well with :
AM/MW Radio + AM/MW Loop Antenna & Lazy Susan

Your AM/MW Radio plus AM/MW Loop Antenna
- Three Ways to Use Them Together
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...fb9c2d38f1c53a

Two Popular AM/MW Loop Antennas :
Select-A-Tenna -versus- Terk AM Advantage
http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm
-written by- Jay Allen -hosted by- RadioIntel.Com

Your Am/MW Radio + Select-A-Tenna & Lazy Susan
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...1044517569c38b

AM/MW DXing with the GE Superadio III or the Grundig S350
/ Tecsun BCL-2000 Radios -add- Redsun RP2100 Radio too
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...9d216f62a0a6dd

The CCRadio-SW {-aka- Redsun RP2100 and Kaito KA 2100
Radios} is an Excellent Stand-a-Lone AM/FM/SW Radio
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...fd435f62a2dc99

Consider these AM/MW Antenna choices for better
AM Medium Wave Radio Reception
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...30fc6a512330be

hope this helps ~ RHF