Old April 25th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank Frank is offline

Default TAK-TENNA

"patrick.obrien47" wrote in message
HI
Has anyone bought this small TAK-tenna HF Aerial
? or know anyone that has?

Just wonder how they got on with it.?

Patrick GW1SXN

Just for curiosity I once ran a NEC simulation of the "TAK-tenna" on 7 MHz
at 30 ft
above an average ground. The input impedance at resonance is 3.4 ohms, and
radiation efficiency just under 9%. Using 50 ft of RG-213 the input
impedance
is 5.4 + j 12.4 ohms, and line loss 1.72 dB. Maximum gain, at a 30 degree
take-off
angle, shows -7.7 dbi. Nulls off each end are -14 dbi.

With the above results an input power of 100 W radiates 6 W. I believe they
claim
a low input VSWR. Have no idea how they achieve it without a matching
network.

73,

Frank
(VE6CB)