Old April 26th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Mike Silva Mike Silva is offline

Default Can anyone point me to an appropriate solid-state exciter circuitfor my 2E26?

On Apr 25, 6:42*pm, "Richard" wrote:
Aaah, I see. If I try to use passive grid input circuit how am I going to
get the required voltage swing on the grid which could be in the order of
80-120V pk-pk? Noted thanks.

I imagine that's why the hybrid rigs of the past that used tube finals
also used a tube driver like a 6CL6 or 12BY7. Just easier to get the
required voltage with a tube, and they had the HV anyway for the
finals. You can certainly get on the air with a two-tube rig - all
the handbooks of the era had them. If you want to rethink a tube
oscillator/driver here are some good tube choices

6AG7
6CL6
5763
6AH6
6AC7
12BY7 (expensive!)

You should also consider joining the glowbugs email list, where ham
radio tube homebrew is king. Google should pull up the info to sign
up. They will definitely get you on the air.

Mike