Old April 27th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
james james is offline

Default why are almost all of my legally bought radios illegal to use

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 01:55:34 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

|Not unless it's where you have to take the radio completely apart with
|a screwdriver to see it.
|
|I checked several times, both on the outsides of the radios, and on
|the insides of the battery covers also, among various other places.
|-----------------

IF the radio is "Type Acceptance" labled then it will have an FFC ID
number somewhere on the radio. IF "type Certified" it will have a
ceritfication symbol usually on the main transmitter PCB.

The difference between certification and acceptance is that with
certification the vendor records all the pertenent data that the FCC
requires and then submits that data. They do not have to send in units
to the FCC to be tested as with Type Acceptance. The FCC will then
spot check units to see that the units comply with the data submitted
during teh certification period.

I have done both Type acceptance units and Type Certification units
for FCC approval.

james