Old April 27th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur
Harold E. Johnson Harold E. Johnson is offline

Default Antenna analyzer schematic

I would like to re-create the analyzer, but I can't find the schematic
anywhere. I think I first saw it in a UK ham radio magazine, probably
some time in the 1970s.

Does anyone here remember it and/or can tell me where I can find it?

--
73
Ian, G3NRW

It may have been published in more than one periodical, but what you're
describing was done by Peter Dodd, G3LDO and Tom lloyd, G3TML and was
presented in our QEX magazine for November 1987 back when QEX was still a
functional experimenters exchange instead of just an added source of
revenue for the League, publishing garbage when that's all they happen to
have on hand.

Contact me off group for help.

W4ZCB

I failed to mention that the original work was done by Doyle Strandlund,
W8CGD and published in QST for June 1965. That may be where you originally
read of it since it's closer to the date you recall. Peter and Tom simply
took the original work and added software Basic programs to solve the
equations mathematically on a Personal Computer. (Two pieces of software are
provided. TomSmall and TomBig. TomSmall will run on a programable pocket
calculator.).

W4ZCB