Old April 28th 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur
Highland Ham Highland Ham is offline

Default Antenna analyzer schematic

Ian Wade wrote:
Many years ago (~30) I built a simple antenna analyzer consisting of a
passive network of resistors, capacitors and diodes. This was placed
in-line between the TX and the antenna.

The network had 5 DC voltage monitoring points, selected by a 5-way switch.

Having measured the 5 voltages, you then had to plot on graph paper a
set of circles and lines that were proportional to the voltages -- as I
recall, 3 circles and 2 lines. The point of intersection of the 3
circles was a measure of the R +/- jX components of the antenna impedance.

I would like to re-create the analyzer, but I can't find the schematic
anywhere. I think I first saw it in a UK ham radio magazine, probably
some time in the 1970s.

Does anyone here remember it and/or can tell me where I can find it?

Ian , I found the circuit you are after in Peter Dodd's book :
The Antenna Experimenter's Guide ISBN 0 9516024 0 3

The book was published in 1991 by DD Publications
address: 37 The Ridings - East Preston -West Sussex BN16 2TW

British Library Cataloguing in publication Data 621.3824

The description of the analyser can be found on pages 3.9 to 3.22

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH