Old April 29th 08, 08:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur
Ian Wade Ian Wade is offline

Default Antenna analyzer schematic

From: Jimmie D
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 Time: 09:49:48

This looks like a really neat device, one of those simple little gadgets
from which you get a huge amount of use.
Hopefully before I got back to work Wednesday I will have one built. Its my
plan to leave out the switch and just bring everything out to test points.

It is indeed a really neat device. I found it very useful back in the
70s, but at that time I didn't have a computer, so had to draw the lines
and circles by hand. After doing this a few times I rapidly lost the
will to live!

The one thing to watch is the input signal level. I used to use the
low-level driver output from the TX, which was fine. But I don't have
that TX any more, so will have to use the low-power output of the
current TX. Some kind of voltage dropper will be needed to keep the
output level low enough, otherwise the analyzer components will fry.

--
73
Ian, G3NRW