Old May 1st 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stephan Grossklass Stephan Grossklass is offline

Default Kaito KA2100 external SW antenna impedance?

Sanjaya schrieb:

I'm getting a KA2100 .
Has anyone installed an external SW antenna for it?
I'm wondering how much signal it can take... and the impedance of the PAL
connection
(I have an F to PAL adapter, F connector coax and will get a balun if
needed).

There is a resistive matching network at the antenne input to give an
impedance of between 50 and 75 ohms, so no extra un-un is needed. In
stronger signal locations, however, I would strongly suggest using a
preselector or tuned antenna, as the set is quite sensitive to 2nd order
intermod.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/