Old May 2nd 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default 75 meter hamstick vs low dipole

Buck wrote:
If I have a low dipole about 10 feet off the ground for 75 meters,
would it be better if I put a hamstick 75 meter vertical up and
connect the dipole wires to the ground side for a vertical?

The low dipole is probably much more efficient than the
hamstick and most of the radiation is straight up which
is not necessarily a bad thing on 75m. Your question reminds
me of one on a clinical psychological test. "Would you rather
take one or two days to die an agonizing death?" :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com