Old May 2nd 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SW4ever SW4ever is offline

Default Sangean ATS-909

On May 1, 7:40*pm, aezael wrote:
*When I bought a ATS-909 from Crane Radio I thought that I had a good
receiver but when I tested in after a few months of being stored in
the package, I found that the speaker was badly distorted and when
I asked Crane they said that the repair would cost a minimum of
$ 75.00.
*Crane does not have a warranty *that's worthwhile.

Suggest you try www.sangean.com and send them an E-mail outlining your
problem. If you have had the ATS 909 for only a short time I'm sure
they will be of assistance, at least I hope so. The 909 is a high end
portable and you should expect high end service.
The 909 is a very good receiver, I have used mine for nigh on 8 years,
and only service required was AC adapter plug on the radio worked
loose. Warranty had run out a long time ago. Local service here At
Durham Radio cost me just 10 bucks. Am located in Canada near Oshawa,
Ontario.
Good luck with Sangean, and good listening ...