Old May 2nd 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Kaito KA2100 external SW antenna impedance?

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Apr 30, 6:06*pm, Stephan Grossklass
wrote:
Sanjaya schrieb:

I'm getting a KA2100 .
Has anyone installed an external SW antenna for it?
I'm wondering how much signal it can take... and the impedance of the PAL
connection
(I have an F to PAL adapter, F connector coax and will get a balun if
needed).

- There is a resistive matching network at the antenne input
- to give an impedance of between 50 and 75 ohms, so no
- extra un-un is needed. In stronger signal locations, however,
- I would strongly suggest using a preselector or tuned antenna,
- as the set is quite sensitive to 2nd order intermod.
-
- Stephan
- --
- Home:http://stephan.win31.de/
- Weniger Meer ist mehr Mehr.

SGk - Is Right.

Except for AC Mains "Noise Isolation" there is no need
for an 1:1 UnUn at the back of the Radio : Especially
-if- you are using Battery Power and a Balance Antenna
like a Dipole {Windom} or a {Horizontal} Loop.

However -if- you are using AC Mains to Power the Radio
-and- a Long Wire {Random Wire} Antenna -then- using
a 9:1 Matching Transformer 'between' the Coax Cable
feed-in-line and the single Wire Antenna along with a
Ground Rod is the recommended method of getting the
Maximum Signal from your Antenna to the Radio with
the least Noise.

The problem here is you are an idiot and so what you post is just crap.
Read at your own risk.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California