Old May 2nd 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck[_2_] Buck[_2_] is offline

Default 75 meter hamstick vs low dipole

On Fri, 2 May 2008 13:27:58 +0000 (UTC), John Passaneau
wrote:

Michael Coslo wrote in
:

Christopher Cox wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Buck wrote:

If I have a low dipole about 10 feet off the ground for 75 meters,
would it be better if I put a hamstick 75 meter vertical up and
connect the dipole wires to the ground side for a vertical?

John,
The idea I have is to make a vertical ground plane with the HamStick.

Ham stick dipoles seems attractive, but they fall into the better than
nothing class on the lower bands.

John Passaneau

i fully understand that the HamStick is not a great antenna fro that
band, but how would the vertical ground plane made of a HamStick and
two full length radials compare to a dipole at the same 10 foot level?

what would the angle of radiation be like?

--
73 for now
Buck, N4PGW

www.lumpuckeroo.com

"Small - broadband - efficient: pick any two."