Old May 2nd 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank's Frank's is offline

Default 75 meter hamstick vs low dipole

"Buck" wrote in message

If I have a low dipole about 10 feet off the ground for 75 meters,
would it be better if I put a hamstick 75 meter vertical up and
connect the dipole wires to the ground side for a vertical?

Buck
N4PGW

--
73 for now
Buck, N4PGW

www.lumpuckeroo.com

"Small - broadband - efficient: pick any two."

Assuming a 7 ft monopole, with a lumped element inductor
(located in the middle of the vertical) of Q = 500,
and 100 W input. The total radiated (sky wave) power is 1.4 W.
The gain is -12.7 dbi with a take-off angle of 23 degrees.
At resonance the input impedance is 14 ohms.

73,

Frank