Old May 2nd 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Question for the group... (Receivers).

www.devilfinder.com Hallicrafters S-38 EB

(Hallicrafters Virtual Museum) Apparently, my Hallicrafters S-38 EB
radio is sort of rare, according to Hallicrafters Virtual Museum.The
radio does have a big straight across dial face, which is in very good
condition, so is the mahogany painted metal cabinet.The chassis/insides
of the radio looks good too.I dont know anything about replacing radio
capacitors and other similar radio parts, I would probally mess it up
big time.I wont try anything like that on such a nice radio.

My brother in law owns a big boat anchor radio.A few years ago, I saw it
sitting on a bench in his two story work shop/storage building behind
his house.He is a retired Air Force Colonel.No way! am I going to ask
him about that radio.He would give me that mean looking eagle eye
''look'' He might have a few more old shortwave radios too, for all I
know.
cuhulin