Old May 3rd 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
frank halaburak frank halaburak is offline

Default For John Plimmer: Thanks for the MW Info!

wrote in message
On May 2, 9:33 pm, "Count Floyd"
wrote:
John,
Thank you very much for the information on getting the QSL's from MW
stations. I guess, in this age of internet streaming, that they would
no longer really send them out to the DXer. I am, however, making a
log using Lotus 1-2-3- spreadsheet of the
stations/times/frequencies/content just for my own benefit. Wishing
for the "good old days" when you could send a report and get a neat
postcard QSL!
Thanks,
Bob Grimes
--

Ya Bob, those were the days. You can see some of the lovely old
prepared QSL cards that my co-DXer pal Gary used to get at:

I guess we all have our favourite QSL's and mine is from R. St. Helena
on 1548 kHz MW. I had to work hard on that one as initially they
didn't think I really got them, it was so rare for them to get QSL
requests. Another I treasure was from Nandi Aeradio, Fiji who sent me
a nice letter.

But I guess the fella in this group with the most QSL's is dxAce -
maybe he will tell us what his favourite QSL is?

Good DX and hope you get many QSL's.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8. ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Hello John, Thank You for posting the link to Gary's webpage.
Love the pictures of Chapmans Peak and Jongensgat !
As for the QSL's I can say that my rate for replies from
broadcasters is about 25 % one example comes to mind,
WHAS 840 kHz Louisville, Kentucky , the station manager
replied that a new QSL card was being designed and was
getting ready to have a batch printed up and would get to
answering the "stack" of reports on his desk........................
That was back in Febuary 2005 ! I'm still waiting for mine...........

Good DX to all , Frank Halaburak , Montreal,Quebec,Canada