Old May 3rd 08, 08:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default For John Plimmer: Thanks for the MW Info!

wrote:

On May 2, 9:33 pm, "Count Floyd"
wrote:
John,
Thank you very much for the information on getting the QSL's from MW
stations. I guess, in this age of internet streaming, that they would
no longer really send them out to the DXer. I am, however, making a
log using Lotus 1-2-3- spreadsheet of the
stations/times/frequencies/content just for my own benefit. Wishing
for the "good old days" when you could send a report and get a neat
postcard QSL!
Thanks,
Bob Grimes
--

Ya Bob, those were the days. You can see some of the lovely old
prepared QSL cards that my co-DXer pal Gary used to get at:

I guess we all have our favourite QSL's and mine is from R. St. Helena
on 1548 kHz MW. I had to work hard on that one as initially they
didn't think I really got them, it was so rare for them to get QSL
requests. Another I treasure was from Nandi Aeradio, Fiji who sent me
a nice letter.

But I guess the fella in this group with the most QSL's is dxAce -
maybe he will tell us what his favourite QSL is?

Good DX and hope you get many QSL's.

I don't believe I have any particular one that is my 'favourite'. Some that
might be more memorable due to difficulty in reception or obtaining perhaps.