Old May 3rd 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CCRANE RADIO QUALITY

Those AM/FM/TV/WX CCrane radios.I bought a new one from CCrane about ten
something years ago.I tried it out for one week.I guess I believed all
of that hype Art Bell and George Noory was touting about that radio, and
I guess I believed that article about that radio I read in Popular
Science magazine too.I was hopeing that radio would be a super dooper
radio for DXing long distance AM stations, brother,,, that dog didn't
hunt at all, it was no better than my other old cheap radios.That radio
I bought from CCrane did not impress me at all, I sent it back to
CCrane.

Then I bought a new Sangean ATS 909 AM/FM/Shortwave radio (I think that
is what it is called) from CCrane.I tried that one out for one week.I
was not impressed at all, I sent that radio back to CCrane too.Tell Bob
Crane to look up when I bought those radios and when I sent them back.Oh
sure, only looking at the outside of those two radios I bought from Bob
Crane, the build quality seemed to be there, as far as plastic cabinet
radios is concerned, but it's what's inside that counts.

One time when I was listening to Bo Gritz on one of my cheap Goodwill
store AM/FM/Shortwave General Electric radios, I heard an elderly guy
say he bought one of those CCrane ATS 909 AM/FM/Shortwave radios.The
elderly guy said as soon as he saw that radio has a plastic cabinet, he
boxed it back up right away and he sent it back to CCrane.He said he
thinks that radio would melt in the hot sun laying up on the dashboard
of his car.When better radios are built, who will build them?
cuhulin
And Bob Crane is a good old guy!