Old May 4th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
james james is offline

Default Which is better - Tram D201 or D201a and why?

On Sat, 03 May 2008 07:14:13 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

|Also try these guys:

|Jay in the Mojave
|
|Krediantials:
|none

|-----------------

Those old tube rigs do have some advantages over more modern solid
state radios. Better immunity to overload. Still 455KHz second IF is
to high a frequency to not use ceramic or crytal filters. Lower IF
frequencies are more suseptable to image problems but are not bad for
LC filters.

james

|james wrote:
| On Fri, 02 May 2008 11:32:04 -0400, Purr Plexed
| wrote:

| |
| |
| |Which is better - Tram D201 or D201a and why?
| |
| |I've heard some people say the D201 is better, but I've never heard a
| |decisive reason as to why.
| |
| |Thnx
| |