Old May 4th 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Indoor Antenna vs Web Stream

John Kasupski wrote:
On Sat, 03 May 2008 20:52:32 -0700, dave wrote:

John Kasupski wrote:
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 05:13:16 -0700, dave wrote:

John Kasupski wrote:

Dialup works very well for talk radio streams.
No it doesn't, and I can attest to that from personal experience.
That is what we call "anecdotal evidence" and it is unsupported by the
science.
Well, stick your head in the sand if you're more comfortable in that
position, then, but I was on a 56K dialup, which in my area resulted
in an average connection speed of ~48K and often slower, due to the
limitations of the local telco network. The results for streaming
audio left a lot to be desired.

You've still said nothing about the other half dozen points I raised,
so I'll assume you have no rebuttal. Ergo, we can conclude that
Internet streams are no substitute for live, on-the-air broadcasts.

JK

Ergo?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ergo

24 kb/s MP-3 sounds way better than AM radio.

Cool. Let me know where I can get live 24K MP-3 broadcasts of major
league baseball games, NFL football games, and NHL hockey games
delivered to me for free to listen to while I'm sitting a surveillance
at about midnight local time in a part of town where even the local
cops don't like to get out of their cars unless they have about 15
other cops around for backup.

JK

I don't think they play baseball at Midnight.