Old May 5th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Highland Ham Highland Ham is offline

Default Palstar ZM30 or Kuranishi BR-210

Andy wrote:
What can the Palstar ZM30 do that the Kuranishi BR-210 can't do?

I know very little about what Analysers can be used for. So any help and/or
advice is welcome.

========
Using a MFJ259B ( range: 1.8 to 174 MHz) myself I use it regularly for
the following :

1) Finding settings of an antenna matching unit (I prefer NOT to use
the word 'tuner') for the various HF bands.

2) Adjusting VHF antennas (gamma match) for minimum reflected power
(SWR)

3) Determining SWR curve of an antenna within a specific freq range
(part of the technical assessment for the UK Foundation Licence)

4) Determining coax loss

5) Determining inductance of resistors at various frequencies

6) Measuring value of inductors and capacitors at different frequencies

7) Measuring resonant freq of tuned circuits (including self resonance
of inductors /RF chokes)

I find the instrumment invaluable ,even if its accuracy would be debatable.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH